Saturday, March 1, 2014

Tether

It's time to remember where you came from.
It's time to remind yourself not to stray too far.
Daddy's watching and he will protect you,
But he can't keep you on a tether.
He can't keep you from wading into the deep waters if you turn your back on him and keep on walking.
He stands still and watches at the seaside - it's really you who will move.
He is solid. He does not and will not budge.

In my new phase of life - being in a relationship, being in a demanding job,
I have strayed from my roots.
I have done things I am not proud of,
done things that I brush aside to dissipate the significance and the guilt.
I have lost a sense of me.
I have stopped protecting things that matter.

But, now, I am coming back to my father.
I am filling up, oh so slowly, with the peace and joy I have always once had.
I will get there.
We will get there.

It's time to dust off the dust,
clear your head, dry off your clothes.
It's time to tell yourself, he is bigger than you.
But that you yourself are nothing
Yet you are significant
You are nothing
Yet you are special
Because he made you
And he made us all.




No comments: