Thursday, February 24, 2011

Beauty in Inconsistency

It's quite interesting how music can never be recreated.
No matter how skilled the musician, or how many times that same old score's been practiced,
What comes spewing out of the instruments will always be different.

Because music is so subjective, it's so...subject to the mood of the instrumentalist.
No one person can imitate another's handiwork.
No one person can recreate another's feelings.
No one person can be in that precise moment, as the musician over his instrument.

And, just like this, every time I am "in the moment",
so ever presently listening to the notes on the piano,
I will play exactly what I feel.

Then, 2 minutes later, right after the sound of the last note wears off,
I forget every single thing I'd played...

Unable to capture the beauty of the moment; left forever unrepeated.

And that...is the most frustrating thing sometimes!

 :(


No comments: